Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Break 08, finally!

Well Saturday morning, nice and early we are off to travel around the lovely country of Mexico. I personally am very thankful for this break as this week was rather frustrating for me with the amount of homework, my capacity to do it, but I made it through and now we have a full 2 weeks to relax. Here is a list of the places we are going, now I am not completely sure where all of these places are, but it should be fantastic. We are going to be seeing everything from the Mountains to the beach, so our suitcases are going to have a strange mix of clothing in them!
So here is the plan for vacation.
Villa Hermosa
VeraCruz
Mexico DF (Mexico City)-3 days
Oaxaca- 2 days--including riding horses in the mountains!
Puerto Angel- the beach!
Tehuantepec- apparently there is a cool mercado here!
San Cristobal-- we are going to take a boat through a very beautiful canyon--2 days in San Cristobal
Ocosingo
Palenque-2 days
Merida

We are going to be doing a variety of things, taking tour busses, seeing more ruins, cathedrals, snorkling, riding horses, see traditional folk dance, hopefully a lot of sleeping, mercados, boat rides, did I mention sleeping?

We have successfully made it half way through classes and almost halfway through the whole semester, with many challenges, frustrations, joys and successes, but we have survived and we will continue to survive and thank God for his guidance, protection and blessings that have followed us throughout our whole trip so far, and will not end!

I would like to say, thank you all for your prayers and encouragement, it really helps having that in a semester away from friends and families in a different country. I hope everything is going well in the United States, but am really enjoying myself here, especially the warmth!

4 comments:

kmr said...

I love San Cristobal. Make sure you listen for the howler monkeys in Palenque, and look for a toucan because my friend saw one and I really wanted to but didn't so I was very jealous.

I also love you.

Shanna said...

have sooo much fun, and remember to get a tan for me!!! oh and i am expecting a pretty sweet present when u get back!! hahah jk

Susie said...

I just came across your blog! (finally noticed it as a link on your facebook) I love reading about your adventures in Mexico!! Have an incredible Spring Break.
Un abrazo,
SeƱorita Baas

Anonymous said...

have fun on spring break! mine is ending in an hour and 15 minutes... sad day. oh well. only 6 weeks til school is done for me. then summer! i'm really excited for then. oh! it's nice weather here finally! like 40's and 50's!! it's so beautiful. thought i would let you know!! :-) loves!